Mangaluru Auto Blast Accused Shareeq’s Home Raided, Bomb Squad At Site

Date:

The police recovered a “burnt pressure cooker with batteries” inside the autorickshaw.

Mysuru:

The rented Mysuru home of the main accused in the Mangaluru autorickshaw blast incident was raided on Sunday, the police said. Additionally, a bomb squad has been deployed in the area for a combing operation. 

According to the police, the accused, identified as Shareeq, took the one-room accommodation on rent last month. He had told the owner of the house that he was in the city for “mobile repair training”.

Shareeq stole the identity of a railway employee called Premraj Hutagi, a resident of Karnataka’s Hubballi district. Mr Hutagi said he had lost his Aadhar card twice in the last two years. 

The police added that Shareeq had procured a SIM card from Coimbatore under a false name. 

“His tower locations show, he had travelled across Tamil Nadu. His call logs are being examined to find his associates in Tamil Nadu,” sources told NDTV.

The autorickshaw blast that took place on Saturday was not accidental but an “act of terror with the intention to cause serious damage”, the Karnataka police chief said earlier today.

A “burnt pressure cooker with batteries” were recovered inside the autorickshaw. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related